Looking for some new ideas to implement in your park this year? Check out some of the ideas on the right.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cooperative Games Day







Throw a cooperative games day




I have used several of these activities successfully with elementary school aged children with and without disabilities. I am not a big fan of competitive games or games of elimination so I prefer activities such as offered in this book. I was attracted to the word 'joyful' in the title because I think that 'joy' or spontaneous enjoyment are lacking in a lot of peoples' lives - and I was pleased to find this book not only includes 'joyful' activities but that it was written using positive and encouraging language. I have purchased several books promising appropriate activities for young people and found that they frequently include games and activities that are not original and/or have the potential to cause discomfort or embarrassment, or that there is a focus on games of elimination, and/or the activities just don't sound like fun. None of these issues applies to this book. Although the activities are grouped by age, I find this book most helpful for working with younger children.  Amazon